The upgrades that took place on Monday 28 – Tuesday 29 February enable the following enhanced features in the Library catalogue:
The key changes are greater personalisation of results ranking, export to reference management software, improved faceting and limiting of results as well as removal of the need to log in before searching the catalogue.
- Personalized ranking of results (from Primo Central): signed-in users can volunteer their discipline interests and results will be ranked accordingly
- EBSCO results included if you’re on campus: you will no longer need to log in before searching to ensure you are not missing these results.
- Multiple facet selection: users can choose more than one facet to include or exclude
- Author, subject and journal title facets included with EBSCO results
- Select specific publication date range in Advanced search instead of “last x years”
- Send to Endnote Web works for Primo Central and EBSCO results (instead of “Your session timed out” message)
- Export RIS format file for Endnote desktop – allowing you to manually import your results into EndNote X6