To celebrate, the Library is releasing a series of short videos across this period to promote a few of our key resources. This will include tips and tricks with Science and Engineering software e.g. how to edit and annotate OS maps in Digimap and how to use ChemDraw to draw Chemical Structures, as well as helpful hints for finding articles, patents or data using some of our key databases e.g. the RIBA catalogue and Espacenet.
You can view the videos as they become available via the links below. Watch this space!
14 March – Day 1: we are looking at making maps:
- Annotating Ordnance Survey maps in Digimap – Length 5 mins. Note: this video has an audio track so make sure you’ve got some headphones or speakers plugged in!
17 March- Day 2: drawing chemical structures:
- Reaxys: Create structure template from name and copy in to ChemDraw – Length 1.5 mins.
18 March – Day 3: add to your drawing skills:
- Drawing arrows with ChemDraw
Length 3.5 mins
19 March – Day 4: finding patent documents online:
- Searching for patents using Espacenet – Length 5 mins. Note: this video has an audio track so make sure you’ve got some headphones or speakers plugged in!
20 March – Day 5: chemical structure searching with SciFinder! – Length 4 mins.
21 March – Day 6: Finding Architecture articles – coming soon!
- Architecture article searching using the RIBA library catalogue – Length 6 mins. Note: this video has an audio track so make sure you’ve got some headphones or speakers plugged in!
These short videos will cover specific examples. Should you require further help and advice, please contact your Subject Librarian.