Here is a small selection of titles available. For more books, search the Library catalogue for the name of the country and the word fiction e.g.
- Africa: Things fall apart by Achebe, C.
- Australia: Cloudstreet by Winton, T.
- Brazil: O alquimista / The alchemist by Coelho, P.
- Bulgaria: The inn at Antimovo and Legends of Stara Planina by Yovkov, Y.
- Canada: The handmaid’s tale by Atwood, M.
- China: Wild swans: three daughters of China by Chang, J.
- Estonia: The Czar’s madman by Kross, J.
- France: The flowers of evil by Baudelaire, C.
- Greece: To Axion Esti / The Axion Esti by Elytis, O.
- India: Mr Sampath – the printer of Malgudi. The financial expert. Waiting for the Mahatma by Narayan, R.K.
- Ireland: McCarthy’s bar by McCarthy, P.
- Italy: Oceano mare / Ocean sea by Baricco, A.
- Malawi: The wrath of Napolo by Chimombo, S.
- Mexico: Como agua para chocolate / Like water for chocolate by Esquivel, L.
- New Zealand: Once were warriors by Duff, A.
- Pakistan: Moth smoke by Hamid, M.
- Poland: Bez dogmatu / Without dogma by Sienkiewicz, H.
- Russia: Leviafan / Leviathan by Akunin, B.
- Spain: La sombra del viento / The shadow of the wind by Ruiz Zafon, C.
- Sweden: Utvandrarna / The emigrants by Moberg, V.
- Turkey: Benim adim kirmizi / My name is red by Pamuk, O.
Our staff and students come from all around the world, just like the scholarly learning resources we provide. For more information, see our International Relations Office’s blog.
Do you like travel books?
You can find many more travel and city guides in the Library by searching our catalogue.