Following a recent trial, the Library has taken out a 12 month subscription to the Biomedical & Life Sciences Collection of Henry Stewart talks. We also have access to the Business and Management collection.
What’s in the Biomedical and life sciences collection?
- Over 2,600 commissioned seminar style talks by world leading experts covering the fundamentals in life sciences to therapeutic interventions, all copyright cleared*.
- Typically lasting 30-50 minutes, talks range from introductory (aimed at undergraduates) to advanced levels (aimed at researchers and postgraduates). All provide English subtitles and transcripts.
- A complimentary service to match talks to your curriculum is available. Content experts can provide tailored recommendations on request.
Contact Janna.Shortt@hstalks.com for further information.
How do I access it?
- To ensure easy off-campus access, please access the collection via the library web pages. Links to individual videos are available via the library catalogue. Simply search “Henry Stewart Talks” add in keywords for your topic and filter by “videos” on the right hand side of the results list.
- Quick links to subject collections are below or go to the entire collection at The Biomedical & Life Sciences Collection
- Quick start guide: https://hstalks.com/upload/mailer/hstalks_start_guide_biosci.pdf
Introduction and learn how to embed talks or parts of talks into moodle, powerpoint etc. You are advised to embed links/thumbnails rather than videos. As mentioned, re. offsite guidance (page 3) please access talks you wish to embed via the library web pages or catalogue.
- Introductory video (3’11 mins): https://hstalks.com/t/3199/hstalks-quick-start-tutorial/?biosci
Brief introduction with help about identifying relevant talks using filters.
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch. A webinar for further help can be arranged on request: please contact your Subject Librarian.